Philadelphia's Best Steak 2008
You voted for the best Steak in Philadelphia, and we counted. Check out the results below.
1. The Capital Grille
1338 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA
A big-money, big-portioned, big-ego dining experience.
- “Romantic Birthday, Great Service”
- “Meets Expectations Each and Every Time!”
- “My choice for a traditional steak house”
- “Best steak I’ve ever had!”
- “Great steak and calamari”
Tips: A big wine selection, stored in a glassed-in closet, features more than 300 bottles, with prices ranging from value-conscious to hole-in-the pocket.
2. Ruth's Chris Steak House
260 S Broad St, Philadelphia, PA
Sophisticated American chain serves up corn-fed USDA prime cuts and New Orleans-style appetizers and sides.
- “Good Food / Average Atmosphere / Way Too Pricey”
- “A Wonderful Dining Experience – Restaurant Week Fall ’07”
- “Absolutely Horrible!!! "
- “Worst meal ever!”
Tips: It’s not on the menu, but consider ordering your steak “Oscar style,” which means it’s topped with asparagus, crab cakes and bearnaise sauce.
4. Morton's - The Steakhouse
1411 Walnut St., Philadelphia, PA
5. The Palm
200 S Broad St, Philadelphia, PA
The local version of this international steakhouse chain is the epicenter of carnivorous power lunching.
- “Not like I remembered”
- “The best Lobster I ever had-and the biggest!”
- “Nouveau riche and old school blender!”
- “Still the Place to Be Seen”
111 S 17th St, Philadelphia, PA
Italian steakhouse that’s so good you’ll forget it’s a chain.
- “a well oiled machine”
- “Great dinner”
- “Great wedding experience”
- “Best Wedding Ever…”
- “Best steak in the City…Best Pasta.. Amazing Service.. Great Atmosphere”
Tips: An award-winning wine list specializes in Californian and Italian selections.
7. Prime Rib
1701 Locust St, Philadelphia, PA
Swanky upscale steakhouse complete with baby grand in the Wawick Hotel.
- “got kicked”
- “Overhyped, cheesy decor, bad service, bad food”
- “giant meat”
- “A high class experience with Philadelphias high society”
- “Exceptional Experience”
Tips: The Prime Rib requires jackets for men at night. If you forget yours, they’ll loan you one.
8. Smith & Wollensky
210 W Rittenhouse Sq, Philadelphia, PA
A snazzy steakhouse chain in the Rittenhouse Hotel for prime-aged beef, sidewalk dining and more.
- “didnt like it”
- “great steaks, not so great service”
- “pretentious at best”
- “I’ve Had Better Filet from Costco!”
- “fabulous steaks and great services”
Tips: You’ll recognize most of the wines on the list, though there’s nary a bottle under $50.
9. Barclay Prime
237 S 18th St, Philadelphia, PA
A handsome upscale steakhouse befitting Philadelphia’s toniest neighborhood.
- “Expensive steak house with great service”
- “great service, great steak”
- “I was skeptical, but this place delivers in aces!!”
- “Nothing Special”
Tips: The impressive, dimly lit bar mixes impressive top-shelf martinis.
750 S Seventh St, Philadelphia, PA
Old boys’ club serves up rich dishes with undeniable Bella Vista class.
- “bad food great service”
- “the only restaurant in philadelphia”
- “Poor, Poor, Poor.”
- “Kudos from a Constant Business Diner”
Tips: Though parking is free in the neighborhood, most patrons prefer to let valets take care of their cars.
11. Fogo de Chao
1337 Chestnut St, Philadelphia, PA
Meat is king at this elegant, all-you-can-eat Brazilian-style churrascaria.
- “excellent place”
- “Loved it…and I hardly like meat”
- “GREAT EVERYTHING!”
- “4 out of 5 stars, and 3 just for the salad bar alone”
- “best place to go when you want great food and are real hungry”
222 Market St, Philadelphia, PA
Groovy lounge serves decadent food and sets a sexy mood.
- “Amazing Steak and Lobster”
- “Marmont – New and Improved”
- “Amazing steak and burgers!”
- “Surprisingly great dinner”
- “Big MiSTEAK!”
Tips: Park yourself at an outside table for a prime view of bustling Market Street.
4411 Main St, Philadelphia, PA
14. Alberto's Authentic Italian Cuisine & Steakhouse
191 S Newtown Street Rd, Newtown Square, PA
This Italian trattoria meets Angus steakhouse housed in an 18th century-style setting often hosts banquets and weddings.
- “Excellent food”
- “wonderful restaurant”
- “GREAT FOOD ,VERY BUSY BAR”
- “NEVER GO TO THIS PLACE”
- “very good food,friendly atmosphere,relaxing ,”
15. Sullivan's Steakhouse
700 W Dekalb Pike, King Of Prussia, PA
Frank Sinatra would have loved this spiffy steakhouse chain.
- “great vibe”
- “Perfect Anniversary”
- “Good Service, Great Food, Nice Place "
- “Great atmosphere ..very lively..the place to be..great service”
- “Was Not What I Expected.”
Tips: The sprawling, elegant dining room, lined with high-walled booths and packed with white-clothed tables—looks and sounds like a Chicago-style steakhouse in the ’40s.
34 S Front St, Philadelphia, PA
This Philly grill serves an Italian cuisine of meats, homemade pasta and seafood; complimentary hors d’oeuvres and discounted cocktails in lounge.
- “Great Italian”
- “wonderful homemade gnocchi”
- “Best Value”
- “A lovely surprise”
Tips: Dinner for private parties is available.
17. Blue Bell Inn
601 Skippack Pike, Blue Bell, PA
- “Nice lunch spot…needs an upgrade”
Check out some other great spots in Philadelphia
Best Steak in Philadelphia
The Best Steak based on votes from Citysearch users.